Thursday 3 June 2010

Shaws Bridge 02-June-2010

After having a week off paddling due to sickness - I headed down to the lovely "clean" lagan at shaws bridge for a play.

I had also just received my new PeakUK Combi shorty cag today which was getting tested. It proved to be as dry as my long sleeved cag - only felt a lot more comfortable. Great piece of kit.

Present were myself, Niall, Conrad, Colin and Johnny. Water levels were low as expected, but the first weir now provides a nice playhole following the recent work involving a digger.

A fun session was had all round with me working on loops, phoneix monkey and space godzilla's.

I am still not quite getting my loop, but after looking at some video footage, and consulting with Niall and Conrad it appears that I have the timing sorted, but im just not tucking hard enough for this feature, however I should be able to get it in a larger feature.

Today the hole was not at a nasty retentive level, but was still good enough to string multiple ends and provide enough pop to work on a space godzilla.

There is a video to come soon, but for now here are a few photos from early in the session.



All pictures taken by Conrad Daly

No comments:

Post a Comment