Friday 11 June 2010

Leaving for Austria - European Freestyle Championships 2010

Well here it is - after much drama and chaos involving car engines blowing, lack of funds, and last minute refunds of ferry and flights booked the time is almost here.

I fly out of Belfast tomorrow morning to make my way to Lienz in Austria to compete in the European Freestyle Kayak Championships for Ireland. Due to last minute issues requiring me to fly I will only be competing in the C1 category unless I find an OC1 boat out there.

I will try to update the blog as much as possible during my trip so please keep checking back.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the people who have helped me make this journey through extreme generosity.

Philip Turner
Joe Kerr
Claire Feenan
and
Terry Cross of Delta Print & Packaging

Without the kind donations from the above people this trip would not be going ahead.

Thanks to everyone who has wished me luck and see you all on my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment