Wednesday 16 June 2010

Austria Day 4

Today I get up early to compete. I am the first person to compete and open the competition in the OC-1 class. I am able to borrow a boat from Philippe from Germany, a Robson CU-Fly. I have never paddled one of these before, and was initially a bit nervous and apprehensive, but all the Irish team have turned out to support me. Soon all the nerves go and I drop into the feature. The boat handles very nicely, and luckily is very easy to roll. I am very happy with my run, and whilst I didn't make the cut for the finals, I am now 6th in Europe!



Next up were the junior men. Neil and Daniel don't have great runs, but Eoin Keyes pulled off a big air loop, and all the other moves he had been practising and finished 8th, moving into Fridays semi-final.

Next were the womens pre-lims. Unfortunately none of them made the cut for the semis either.

The final category of the day was the C1. I am in the first heat and I go into it feeling a lot more comfortable following this mornings session. I am very happy with my performance today following how I have been faring all week, finishing in 16th.



Since I didn't make it past prelims, the pressure is now off, so I can work on stuff in the hole for the next few days in between the rest of the competition.

Up tomorrow is the Mens K1.

No comments:

Post a Comment