Monday 8 November 2010

Owenkillew - Sunday 7-Nov-2010

Yesterday saw an early start - making my way over to Gortin for 10am to meet a few guys from MUCK to run the Owenkillew.

It had been a few years since I had run this river, but held many early paddling memories for me, including my first river roll and taking Sonya as a beginner down the gorge in a topo duo.

My weapon of choice for the day was my trad open boat - Qiqi hadn't been out in a while so I brought her for some company.

We had a few novices with us, but was a small and tight group so it was all run quite relaxed - especially since Eddie had borrowed my armchair called Peapod.

The river is a nice grade 2 with a short grade3 section towards the end. It was perfect for people in the group to get to grips with whitewater, and most people even made it down the gorge.

The only downside to the trip was Qiqi stealing my kitkat when we stopped for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment