Tuesday 19 October 2010

Sluice Fun Rodeo 2010

Saturday saw the return of the Sluice Fun rodeo. As the name suggests, this is fun.

The competition is run on a jam format, meaning a flush isn't the end of your competition, and you get to compete against people and not a scoresheet.

The feature was quite flushy, and as such proved difficult to stick moves in the C1. I still managed a few more basic moves, but couldn't stick loops or pirouettes.

There was also an old school rodeo, in which I paddled a Perception Gyramax C1. This was fun, for as long as it lasted. Unfortunately the straps in the boat were terrible and popped as soon as I capsized. With no other outfitting I only managed 1 or 2 successful rolls - but I did get a nice big ender for my troubles.

The day ended with a no-spray decks boatercross. I ended up getting blocked by everyone - for some reason they weren't happy with me paddling a 4meter long boat in a race against playboats.



EDIT: Just found a picture of the gyramax getting sucked under just before a popout


No comments:

Post a Comment