Monday 13 September 2010

Cork Rodeo 2010

Saturday saw this years Cork Rodeo at the Cork Sluice on the Lee.

I made the long journey down with both C1 and OC1, picking Niall and the Irish Freestyle PA on the way.



Unfortunately there was no release for the event, so instead of the usual thrashy and aptly named "hole of death" we had a much more relaxed affair.

There were 3 C1s competing, with Jack Phelan from Waterford having his first outing. I spent most of my runs trying to get a Space Godzilla just so I would beat Niall as Phonics Monkeys weren't sticking in the hole. I almost got one, but was a bit too scrappy to count. Due to the lack of power we resorted to silly moves like paddle spins and rail grabs, and even the odd shudder rudder.



I competed in the OC1 in the same heats as the mens sport so I could have a break between my runs. The feature didnt have enough power to cartwheel, so I had to resort to spins and enders. I went for some air and flamboyance at the end by paddling into the feature standing in the boat and leaping out - crowd pleasing to the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment